So I guess I just want to check in see how my life’s going see how your life’s going. I feel like with spring there is always this new wonderful energy everyone feels, but also it is a time when maybe those new life goals we’ve set for our self really disappear into next year’s problem, again. There are so many things that I’ve made the choice to put on myself this year like attention to self care and well being, health, accountability just to me, and saving. Chances are, well not even chances because I’ve already messed up, that this year won’t be exactly as I hoped or planned but the most important thing I’m hoping to take away from this year is the ability to jump back into a commitment I’ve made even if I fall off occasionally. It’s only a loss if I give up right? So where are you in your goals for the year? Has anything just completely derailed you? Here’s where I’m at:
- I worked out six days a week through January and half of February and then I got busy, went on vacation and haven’t made the jump back to that yet. So this week I’m jumping back in and hopefully it’ll stick for a while.
- I decided to be sober in January, but drank way too much in February and March. Having said that I am planning on at least two if not four more months of sobriety throughout this year. I really enjoyed the way it made me feel physically and mentally, and although I don’t foresee giving up drinking completely I think a break every now and then is very beneficial.
- I’ve still been using a journal to put all the feelings in as well as one for to-do lists, one for dreams, and one that has writing prompts. Most weeks I hit my twice a week goal for those because I find myself wanting to let it out and see where my thoughts take me without having to deal with the emotional repercussions of internalizing it all. As of right now I can’t see giving that up ever. I love to write anyway and I’m not good at talking about things or letting things go so it has been a tremendous help to me.
- I’m feeling optimistic about the upcoming work season and hope it brings great things. Only time will tell about that one.
- My diet ( read what I eat not a special diet I’m on) hasn’t been horrible but it certainly could be better which is one of the reasons I agreed to go keto with my husband. Today is day two of keto so I don’t have a lot to tell you except that we did our research and shopping before we started so that we would have the food, drinks, and supplements we felt we would need to do this safely and successfully. If you are doing any type of health and diet work I highly recommend getting one or two apps to help track your exercise, food, water, and specifically for keto one that shows macro counts. We chose keto because the meal prep and food availability for this is something we thought would fit easily into our lives as they become more and more hectic throughout the summer. I recommend always doing research on things that can affect your health before you do them to decide if it is the right fit for you, your needs, your goals, and if you can safely partake in it.